We celebrated Cris's birthday a couple of weeks ago. We love you Cris and we are so happy and blessed to have you as our sister.
We also celebrated Zach's birthday at Texas Roadhouse, where he sat on the saddle and everyone got to sing to him, unfortunately I didn't get a picture.
We celebrated Mom's birthday by going out to dinner and eating the strawberry rhubarb pie, she made the night before. I am so thankful to have such a supporting, and loving mom. She is an angel and I don't know how I got so lucky to have her as my mom, but I'm so glad! We love you Mom and thanks for all you do for us.
Still looking young and beautiful as ever, Mom!
Easter weekend Melis came up and it was so fun to spend time with her. We went to City Creek, saw the movie Mirror, Mirror, and decorated eggs. My Mom and I made homemade Easter candy this year. She did most of the work but I helped her with the chocolate peanut butter eggs, an Easter tradition. They are so yummy. She also made peanut butter and pretzel truffles, our family loves anything with peanut butter :)
I love those egg malt balls during Easter time, I had to show P how to properly eat them, (paint your lips first and then stuff them into your moth) as seen in the first picture.
I love Easter and Spring colors, they make me happy!
We spent Easter dinner/day with Momma Phyllis. She made quite the Easter feast (as always!), it included turkey, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs (which jen made), corn, green beans, rolls (which I made), stuffing, rice....so delicious.
And a few random photos we had fun taking late Sunday night.
On a more serious note, I am thankful for the knowledge I have of my Savior and His resurrection. I know we will live again and be reunited with our loved ones. This quote by President Monson sums it up so beautifully...
“Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place—the victory over death. The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. The salvation of mankind had been secured. The Fall of Adam had been reclaimed.
“The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job’s question, ‘If a man die, shall he live again?’ To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. …
“My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.







3 comments:
I love this post! Especially about using the Whopper Eggs as "lipstick" we do that too! I also love all your Easter decorations and your cute little egg chicks! And, did you guys like "Mirror, Mirror" I have been DYING to see it but Clay won't go see it because I guess its ratings aren't that great...regardless I still want to see it! We really need to get together with you guys again because you are leaving so soon! :(
One more thing...sorry! How is P liking his new job?! I guess him and Clay chat at work all day! haha
Thanks Jess! I love you so much and I feel very blessed to be have you as my sister-in-law!
Post a Comment