Thursday, May 3, 2012

Arizona

I took a road trip to Arizona last weekend with my brother Matt and cousin Ty.  P had to work so he wasn't able to come along :(  But it was good to spend some time with family and I think they enjoyed my undivided attention since I didn't have a husband to tend to :)

Here's what we did.....
  • Shopping: lots of it.
    • The Chandler Mall-spent a whole day there.  Finally found the perfect V-neck tee! I've been searching high and low for a good one.  I found it at a store called Madewell.  I was so excited I bought it in 4 different colors and now I wish I would have bought it in all the available colors!  
    • Decided to make a trip to Last Chance.  This place is madness. But we all found a lot of shoes so it was a success.  And yes I did have to tell a lady to get her hands off my shoes, she totally reached in my basket and grabbed for them!   
    • SanTan Mall, where Matt, Ty and their friend (can't remember his name) got asked to be models for a fashion show in Dillards! See pics below. 
  • Eating: lots of it.  AZ has some killer food.
    • Pita Jungle
    • Grimaldi's Brick Oven Pizza- ate the best pizza I've had since I can remember.  
    • Frost Gelato- this place is to die for, seriously I had it two nights in a row and even snuck it  into the movie theatre because it was sooooo good. 
    • Joe's Farm Grill- had a hard time choosing what to get, the whole menu sounded yummy and it was featured on Dinners and Drive Inns.  See pic below.
    • Bagel Nosh- this place just brings back a lot of memories, we eat here every time we're in AZ for breakfast. 
    • Tia Rosa- went here with Audrey and she suggested the shrimp tacos, they were delicious.  And their chips and salsa were so yum!
    • T.C. Eggington's- went here for breakfast one morning.  It was scrumptious.  Thanks for introducing us to it Melis.

Melis trying on some silly shoes at Last Chance,  Ty and Livi, love the way she wears those sunglasses!

My food at Joe's Farm Grill, can't go wrong with a burger and garlic fries.

I was able to meet up with our good friends, Audrey and Tim.  Audrey was nice enough to spend part of her Saturday with me.  We ate lunch together and I was able to see their cute apartment.  It was great to catch up!  


And here are some awesome pics from the fashion show at Dillard's.  It was hilarious.  They rolled out a red carpet down the aisle between the women's and junior's section. And it was just me and some other paparazzi family members there to support and snap pics.  I know these pics are horrible, I'll just blame the lighting in Dillard's for that one, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the photographer.

We also spent some time relaxing at the pool.  And caught a movie (The Lucky One, it was cute) while we were there. It was a perfect little getaway and just what I needed!  Thanks Melis, Nicole, and Jared for showing us a good time.  And Annette for letting us crash at your place!

3 comments:

Kimmi Rea said...

Fun!! We LOVE AZ and are planning a trip down there as we speak haha I am so excited they have a madewell too...can't wait to find those V necks :) You look gorgeous in all your pics as usual! I would love to see you soon.. Do you ever venture down south to salt lake or provo??

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Gotta love those nice getaways. :)

Unknown said...

Jess it was sooo good to see you!!! miss you already. and so excited for your summer plans!