Friday, May 11, 2012

Yellow Pants

Color jeans are all the rage this season and I happen to be a fan.  I bought some purple ones for cheap at JCPenney last summer and I have enjoyed them. I've actually worn them a lot more than I thought I would.

So I wanted to buy a few more pairs, but I didn't want to invest too much money on them.

After seeing a few DIY's on Pinterest I decided to make my own.  After searching the D.I. for a pair of white jeans I finally settled on the following pair

They aren't necessarily a perfect fit and if I was more skilled with a sewing machine I'd probably tailor them a bit, but for $4 I couldn't go wrong.

Then I bought some RIT dye at JoAnn's Fabric and dyed them yellow!  FYI, dying clothing is a lot easier than I thought, simply throw the clothes, dye, salt, and water in a large bucket and stir it up!  Watch and wait until the clothing turns the color you're wanting and then pull them out, rinse and wash in the washing machine.
They are a little brighter than I was initially thinking I would dye them, but I still love them!
If anyone wants to use the rest of my dye and make your own, PLEASE let me know! I'd love to give it away rather than end up throwing it away.

8 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

These are awesome! I love your style. I want to try dying pants now. No way you could buy colored jeans for 4 bucks...

Chelsea said...

Brilliant!!!

Kimmi Rea said...

SO stinkin cute!! I wish i was crafty like you!!!

Erika said...

WHAT? That is freakin' amazing!! And they look sooo much better yellow than white. You're a genius. ;)

Clay & Katie Hardman said...

Jess I love them! They turned out amazing!! I want to give it a try once I get some white pants!!

Anonymous said...

WAY cute, love the color!!

Lanenga Family said...

Wow! Cool pants--such a homemaker! Good job Jess! :)

Unknown said...

Jess i love the yellow pants!! you are so creative! Post about your adventures in Michigan! we miss you guys!!