Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oakland Temple

The closest temple to us is the Oakland Temple (about a 50 minute drive).  I didn't realize it's up on a hill that overlooks the whole SF bay and valley.  It's a gorgeous view and a huge temple!  Our first time we went, with some friends, we came out just in time to see this gorgeous sunset!  It was so beautiful, I hate how cameras never capture the full beauty of a sunset. Or maybe it's the photographer that's to blame :)

 




A couple months ago I went by myself, during the day, and took these pictures.  Going to the temple is such a wonderful blessing. I always feel so much peace there.  I love going when things in my life are stressful because once I walk through those doors I no longer feel the stress or weight of my problems. And I always leave with a desire to do better and a comfort in my heart that all things will work out. I'm so thankful for temples on the Earth and if you want to learn more about them click here


2 comments:

ali koide said...

Gorgeous photos! And high five for making the trek up there solo!

Unknown said...

So pretty!