Last weekend we went to Medieval Times! We spied it a couple weekends ago when P and I were out looking for Portillo's (an eatery that P loves). P said that he'd always wanted to go to Medieval Times and I agreed, so we made plans with Kasee and Jason to go. It was a fun experience but it's one of those things where if you go once, you don't need to go again.
It's pricey, but we did get a deal, two tickets for the price of one, but it was still $60! And although they feed you dinner, it's not that great. Tomato Bisque (tasted like tomato water, said P), one piece of garlic bread, half of a chicken, 1 teeny, tiny rib, half of a potato, and an apple fruit pie thingy for dessert. I also thought it was strange how stringent they were with your drinks. You didn't get a choice in beverage, besides choosing either water or Pepsi, and you only got two drinks. The waitress specifically told us at the beginning, "I will fill up your glass right now and one more time during dinner", aka, you must ration out your drink unless you want to die of thirst. This was bothersome for me because if they're going to feed you half of a chicken, without some kind of sauce, you're going to need to be drinking more than a few sips so that your throat doesn't dry out. Maybe they just figured that your thirst had already been quenched because of the beer and delicious-looking slushy drinks that they get you to buy "in the club"as they call it, before the show starts. We obviously didn't buy any since they were alcoholic and I'm sure way over priced, but they did look delicious- the slushy ones, not the beer.
The show was alright, your knight competes against other knights, and they ride horses. That's about all I remember because of the crazy drunk teens that were in the row next to us. They almost got kicked out, and they were quite entertaining to watch. I might have been more entertained by them than the actual show, jk.
All in all, it was a good time, despite the mediocre food and the horrible allergies that P and I experienced thanks to whatever kind of sod/dirt they were using in the arena. And our knight, the red one, fought like a champ and won!




2 comments:
If it's the same Portillo's here, you definitely would have been better off there. Dustin loves Portillo's Italian Beef sandwiches.
Such cute pics Jess. Marcus and I went there a couple of years ago and it is fun to do it, like you said, once. I agree with you on the food review, but it was something fun to experience.
Post a Comment