Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sushi

P has been on a sushi kick lately, well actually more sashimi than sushi. He eats raw fish, mostly salmon (I think because it's the cheapest and most accessible to us), like there's no tomorrow.  It first started a couple weeks ago when a guy in our ward invited us over for sashimi.  He's a master chef and bought all of the fish fresh from a market in LA.  We both ate more sashimi in one night that we ever have in our life!  Well, since then, P has been craving it.  He ate it 4 times last week and we always joke that he probably has some kind of bug/worm living in him, or mercury poison, yikes.  He tries to drink a coke after he eats raw fish because he claims that coke will kill anything-let's hope so. Here is a picture of some sushi that he made for me.  I like sushi rolls but P prefers to just eat the raw salmon dipped in wasabi and soy sauce.  Look how fancy he decorated that plate! 
 
 
We had dinner with Kasee and Jason and we made sushi, tempura, and egg rolls.  It was delicious!
 Kasee and I working hard on the egg rolls

P rolling some sushi

Jason and his monkey chopsticks

Tempura shrimp, carrots, and broccoli
 It was so much fun and so yummy! Thanks for having us over again Jason and Kasee

1 comment:

Tara said...

Looks like you two are having so much fun! I wish I was in California right now. I'm so glad you added me, now I can blog-stalk you!