Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spending Time With Matt, California Style

My brother Matt came into town last week for work.  It was SO great to see him, and I was very sad to see him go, but we did have a lot of fun while he was here!  He was staying in Palm Springs, actually it was Indian Wells, for the first part of the week so we met up with him there.  Matt had to be at a tennis tournament for work and lucky for us he was able to get us tickets to the tournament.  Little did we know that this wasn't just some random tournament, there were actually some famous tennis people playing such as Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer (#1 in the world!), and Andy Roddick.  We also didn't realize, until we got there, that we would be sitting in a box suite.  The company that Matt works for had rented a box suite and there was food, drinks, etc, it was so nice!  Here is the view from our seats


















It was a beautiful sunny and hot day, and we ended up spending ALL day there.  Let's just say tennis is a LONG game!  We stayed long enough to finally figure out how the scoring works, and I also figured out a couple more things- tennis players all have their own weird sound they make when they hit back and forth- it's loud! And the girls keep their tennis balls up their skirts, in their underwear? Very interesting. We could have left earlier but we wanted to stay and see Andy and Roger play and they didn't play until evening. We had a really fun time though.
Here's one of me and my brother Matt





Here are some pictures of the tennis stars















 Maria











 Jie Zhang, she finally beat Maria after a 3 hour tennis match!!  Here is is up close, yes she came to our suite  to visit.

This picture was posted on the WTA Tour Site, so we're practically famous!  In fact, we're so famous this girl wanted our autograph, we finally agreed.

 They really just wanted my brother's autograph because he's the personal assistant, so famous!


Roger in his stance

Andy, the one in the white hat. 

After our long day at the tennis tournament, we went to dinner at a fun restaurant called Elephant Bar, I loved the safari decor inside.  Pretty good food too.  We then went to the guest house, which is where we stayed.  The people that Matt work for have a guest house that they let us stay in, here's a picture of our fancy room 

 
 
The next day Matt had to do some work so P and I explored a little of  Palm Dessert. We strolled down El Paseo street, lots of expensive shops and fun art galleries.  We met up with Matt for lunch at a Pizza place.  Later that afternoon we left to drive back home and we saw this dinosaur on the side of the road so P suggested that we take pictures with them

He had too many good ones, I had to post more than one



Later that week, my brother was staying in LA so we got to meet up with him one more time before he left.  We went to the Getty Museum (don't worry Kasee and Jason, we will go again with you guys!).  It's huge and we didn't have a lot of time but we saw a bunch of art. They have some huge paintings.
Us, outside the Getty

That night we went to this play

It was amazing and I loved every second of it!  Thanks to Matt, and his friend (who was in the show), we got a backstage pass.  We saw the costumes and hundreds of wigs they use! 


A pretty picture of downtown LA before the show.
Thanks Matt for hooking us up with all the backstage passes and tickets, it was so much fun to be with you, love you!  

I forgot to post about the wind farms that they have on the way to palm springs.  You can see them from the freeway and it's pretty cool.  I've never seen so many windmills in my life! There are hundreds, maybe thousands of them?  There's just rows and rows of them, it's really cool.  These are the best pictures I could take as we were driving.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That all sounds so fun!

Chelsea said...

Okay, I am SUPER jealous! Tennis, food, shopping, a play, AND nice weather! That sounds like the perfect day! I like the dino pics of Porntepp....way funny!

Matty said...

I loved this post! You both made that trip to PS so much better!