Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

It's a rainy day in Cali and since I'll be hanging out inside all day (I don't particularly like going out in the rain unless I have to), what better time to update the blog! We had a wonderful Easter Weekend.  On Saturday we watched General Conference at home via the internet.  I almost thought  we'd end up watching it at the church because we don't have a television, and even if we did have a T.V., we probably wouldn't have the channel out here in Cali, but thanks to modern technology we were able to watch it live on our laptop and sit in the comfort of our bed.  It was great.
I always look forward to Conference and each time I watch or listen to it I get the confirmation that this is the true church and that we have a living prophet upon the earth!  I feel so blessed to belong to this church and I am so grateful for modern day revelation and for the amazing brethren (and sisters) that lead our church.  I particularly loved the Sat. morning session; P and I both loved the Sun. morning session as well.  We missed out on the end of the afternoon session on Sunday because we had to travel to Aunt Marge and Steve's house.

Back to the rundown of the weekend: Saturday night, while the boys were at Priesthood session, Kasee and I treated ourselves to dinner at the CPK, my favorite!  We talked a lot about what life will be like after the boys graduate and where we will all end up.  Then we browsed Barnes and Noble and met up with the boys.  We all went bowling and it was a blast!  Thanks to Kasee for these awesome photos!
 Sunday, we watched conference and celebrated Easter over at Aunt Marge and Steve's house.  All the fam was there-Uncle Bob, Janell and her family, Kathy and Jack, and Fabio (a friend of Pete's from Italy) and his wife, (can't remember her name but she was from Germany and we enjoyed talking to her for a while, she was so cute).  It was a fun day- we ate lots of yummy appetizers, lamb and chicken for dinner, and of course, some Easter candy.  Oh! And we survived our first, well technically second earthquake in California.  There was an earthquake a couple weeks ago, it happened in the middle of the night so neither of us felt it.  But yesterday, we were sitting in Marge's living room and I felt like the ground was moving side to side.  I thought, to myself, are we having an earthquake but I decided I'd wait to see if I felt it again before I said anything out loud.  Then Steve said, we're having an earthquake. It was a weird feeling and it lasted for a while, well it felt like a while but it was only seconds. It was eerie to watch their pool, the water was sloshing from side to side.  We were pretty far from Baja (about 220 miles according to the LA Times), which is where the earthquake took place, but it was amazing how much we felt it.  The news is saying it was a 7.2 magnitude, crazy.  We better get out of Cali before there's another one! Just kidding, I'm not too worried about it.

Last weekend we went to Newport beach and met up with some of our friends, Erika and Drew.  P served his mission with Erika.  They are so great to hang out with and it's fun to listen to P and Erika talk about their mission.  Sadly, it was kind of a cold day for the beach.  It was windy and chilly but we had a relaxing time.  The water was freezing so us girls decided to stay on shore, but the boys were tough and surfed the waves a bit.  Hopefully this will be the first of many more days at the beach and hopefully it will get warmer!
 Oh and last night P stayed up till midnight mapping out how he's going to start his own business.  Recently he's been obsessed with starting a business, he's decided that he doesn't want to work for anyone but himself.  We'll see how it goes :)   I'm just happy that he's so self motivated!

2 comments:

Errin said...

mmmm. the beach!

Unknown said...

WOW!
I haven't been at beach since I left Calif.
Here I am in Salt Lake still dealing with snow
there you are "SUNBATHING"
I am so gealous about nice sunny weather.

Jess and Porntepp,
Enjoy while you can.
Neither one of you get any younger.