Here are some pictures of us saying goodbye to G-ma Jeanne.
In front of her house
I do miss her!
This is our last time with the Kilburns, we were in their ward and they were so nice to us while we were in California, they were like our Grandparents. He makes the best chocolate pancakes ever!Saying goodbye to Aunt Marge, who we absolutely love and miss!
Saturday we were lucky enough to see Audrey and Tim get sealed in the Vegas temple. Right after the sealing we headed on our way home. It was a long drive, especially since we were in separate cars. Oh and Saturday was P's birthday, he enjoyed a fun birthday in the car :) We made it safely to Centerville and it was SO great to be home. That night we hung out with family, ate a delicious home cooked meal (thanks mom!) and celebrated P's birthday.
P left the next day on a plan headed for Bentonville Arkansas. I stayed in Utah for a week, taking care of some expensive car repairs and seeing some friends. On Sunday my mom and I began our 20+ hour drive to Arkansas. It was so fun to have that time with my mom, and it was so nice of her to leave all her responsibilities(she has many!) behind and drive with me. THANKS MOM! I SURE LOVE YOU! We finally arrived and I was happy to see that our apartment was clean and very nice. Mom stayed a week with us and we loved it. It was so nice to have her here to hang out with me all day (most days I don't have a car so I'm just chilling at home by myself). We went to the clubhouse gym, laid out at the pool and read our books, and visited a few hot spots near us (i.e. the Peel Mansion and the Five and Dime Store).
So far, we are both liking Arkansas. It's a big change coming from California, but we really like the small town feel. Some of the towns here really aren't that small, but they are when compared to California. It's so green and gorgeous here with all the trees. I love driving around, especially in the backwoods, because it just feels so nice to be out in the open. Unfortunately, P has about a 40 minute commute (one way!) to work :( huge bummer but oh well. I'm getting used to not having a car all day (I've been reading a lot of books), but I don't mind it too much. We are really enjoying our apartment. It's fully furnished and decorated and it has 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. We don't know what to do with ourselves! We've been living in a bedroom for 6 months and having our own space has been SO MUCH FUN! Having a T.V. again is kind of nice too! We also have awesome neighbors, David and Caytlin. Caytlin is sharing her wonderful baking recipes with me and I'm loving it. Here are some pictures of our place
Our bedroom
The bathroom
The living room
The kitchen, behind that door is a pantry/laundry room.
The 2nd bedroom and bathroom look just like ours so I didn't take pictures of them. That's all for now!
The 2nd bedroom and bathroom look just like ours so I didn't take pictures of them. That's all for now!
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun adventure!
glad you made it! i know how it feels to be home all day...what books are you reading??
ive been waiting quite awhile for this post missy! Glad to see you like it there and the apartment looks AMAZING!!! We still miss you here but we are starting to pack up today since we leave next Saturday! We will definitely hang out in Provo too so no worries!
Your apartment is really cute! We'll have to get together again!
Post a Comment