Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Randomness

Here's what we've been up to.
My highlight of the summer (so far): picking blueberries.  I was so excited to pick our own blueberries.  I have fond memories of doing this (once) when I was younger, in Missouri.  We brought some friends along, which only made it more enjoyable. 

We watched fireworks over the 4th of July weekend at a church with 3 huge crosses.  I had to take a picture because they're the biggest crosses we've ever seen.  This was also one of the best fireworks show I've ever seen.  Well done, church with the 3 crosses, well done!  I told P to pose and this is what he came up with ?
Us and some of the other interns


I went with Caytlin and Aubrey, from the ward, to the only Safari in Arkansas.  Yes, a safari in Arkansas.  It was fun and surprisingly they had a lot of animals, such as zebras, monkeys, camels, tigers, and these cute kangaroos.
As for myself, I've been keeping busy with reading and cooking.  Here are some of the books I've read lately, I recommend them all.
The first two books of the Hunger Games-loved them.
The Glass Castle-this is a true story, it's fascinating.
The Peacegiver- a wonderful church book that taught me a lot about the Atonement. 
These is my Words-I'm currently reading this one, having a hard time getting into it, but I've heard good things about it.
Stones Into Schools-this is the sequel to Three Cups of Tea, both books are wonderful. 
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society- an easy read and such a cute story.

Have you read any good books lately? Do share!

If you're wanting to make a delicious, and somewhat healthy treat you should make this, it's called Creamy Grape Dessert. Click here for the recipe. (Side note: I used plain yogurt instead of Greek yogurt)  I made it last night and I've just about finished the whole dish off by myself.  Yes, it's true, I have no self control. It's just too tempting.

Oh and one more thing...we're looking for a place to live in Provo.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything that's available?  Ugh, I hate looking for apartments! 

2 comments:

Mallory said...

these is my words is amazing!!!!! there are two sequels that are okay. I cried when I finished these is my words. and I agree hunger games is awesome.
have you read the uglies series?

Chelsea said...

I really hate to read, but every day I find a stronger desire to read hunger games more and more. Maybe I will break down and just get it done before the movie comes out next year.