First, I had the chance to attend a retirement party for one of my favorite people ever! Linda Williams is a teacher, mentor, and close friend. In high school I had the opportunity to leave school for one period and go to an elementary school to help out a teacher. I got connected with Linda through my brother and aunt who worked with her, both spoke highly of her so I chose her!
I immediately fell in love with Linda and almost always stayed late (after the kids had gone home), to hang out and chat with her. She taught me a lot and I am so happy she finally gets to retire! I think she has been teaching for 30 years! I was so excited to hear she now gets to serve a mission with her husband; they will be an awesome senior couple.
Speaking of women who I love and have made a difference in my life... I had the opportunity to help tutor a woman, Fatima, for about a month. She is an amazing woman who is truly inspiring. I fell in love with her, as did my mom and neighbor Nedra- we all tutored her. To thank us (which was totally unnecessary because we loved spending the time with her) she prepared delicious food for us to enjoy. All of the food was authentic (Pakistan and Indian) and prepared by her, she made enough to feed an army!
We all loved the food, especially P. I'm thankful I had the chance to get to know Fatima.
We sold P's car. We were able to sell it the day we posted it, which was a huge blessing because we only posted it a few weeks before we were leaving and I didn't know what we would do if we couldn't sell it before we left. And we got a good price for it! This was the car P and I got engaged in, literally, he proposed to me in this car! It was very sweet....then I made him get out of the car and kneel down to propose :)


2 comments:
That's so neat you were able to leave school to help out at the elementary. Sounds like a really great experience.
I remember when you told me your engagement story back in our class together. I think it's great you made him get out of the car to propose! :)
Jess you are such a sweet person. I can tell by what I learn of you and what I know of you in real life! Thanks for keeping this updated I enjoy to keep up on your blog :-)
Post a Comment