We made it to Michigan! It took us 3 days in the car. We took a backroad way into town (because the GPS lead us there) and it was very small town and kind of got me a little worried as to what I had gotten myself into for the next 6 months! It was a small two way road, lots of fields, and houses spaced far, far apart. Also, everyone was having a yard sale! It was hilarious, outside of each house was random stuff on the lawn and a sign saying for sale. I assumed this was their way of purchasing things since I didn't see a store in sight! Oh the midwest...a different way of life out here.
Thankfully our town is bigger than the ones we past. Not that I don't love a tiny town, they are quaint and beautiful! But I'm just thankful to be where I am :)
So far we've had a great experience here, and we're getting more acquainted with the town. It's hard to describe what it's like here. It's not a small town, geographically speaking...there are lots of fields and empty spaces, but it definitely has a small town feel.
Here are a few random pictures of what we have been up to.
Our first trip to Walmart...we found a flock of geese traipsing through the parking lot.
My man in all his handsomeness on the first day of work!
I'm loving the Farmer's Market here. Theses cherries and blueberries were so yummy!
We are missing all of our family and friends back in good 'ol Utah! But we're excited for this adventure. More posts to come..hopefully!

No comments:
Post a Comment