Friday, September 14, 2012

A Day in Ludington

About two weeks ago we traveled to Ludington with our friends Harrison and Elizabeth.  They live in Midland and have been such great friends to us.  We met them at church and I'm so glad we've had the opportunity to do some fun things with them, this trip included!

We spent a Saturday in Ludington.  The cool thing about MI is there are lots of beaches and lots of fun places to visit that are all within 2-3 hours.  This makes it easy to do a day trip and save money.

I'm glad we went with Harrison and Liz, because they have traveled to Ludington before (it's actually where they got engaged!) and they were able to show us all the cool things to do there.

First stop...the beach of course!
                                        I love sailboats, if I see one I must take a picture of it. 
 P really likes to jump off things.  
And ever since California, which is where I think it all began, 
he tries to jump over me when jumping off of things.  
Crazy, I know. 
 But now that he's started this tradition it'll be kind of fun to see all the 
different places and things he jumps off of.
We walked out to the first lighthouse.

 Top of the lighthouse.
Sorry for all of the cloud pics.  But seriously, I've fallen in love with the clouds out here!! 
They go on and on forever, and they are so puffy.  
On the way to Ludington, I noticed the clouds and since then I'll be driving around town and look at the clouds and think "these are so amazing!"  
It's not that I haven't seen clouds before, but in Utah the mountains block you from being able to see the clouds going on forever. 
Also there's a lot of pollution back in UT so maybe it makes the clouds less fluffy and cool?  
That is my hypothesis!  Either way, I've fallen in love with clouds out here! 


I mean look at that! They just extend forever!  It's amazing to me and so beautiful.  Things in nature, including clouds, always remind me that there is a God, how could there not be? 

 Here's the 2nd lighthouse



 We had to walk quite a ways to get to the lighthouse, but it was fun to walk on along the beach. Minus all that yucky green sludge stuff. I liked watching that little bird run and play in the sand.



 We found some sandbars along the way.







  Liz is such a sweatheart and such a great example to me of love, service, true friendship, and kindness.  I've observed those qualities in just a short time knowing her, she really is wonderful!





We enjoyed some delicious ice cream there.  We also ate the largest toast I've ever eaten.  We went to a  place that serves breakfast all day; they served homemade bread/toast, it was huge.  And so delicious. 

 The following are pictures I stole from Liz. She has her own photography business, she's got talent! Thanks for snapping these pics Liz! 





Such an adorable picture of them!  Thanks for showing us Ludington guys! We love you! 

5 comments:

Elizabeth Glenn said...

Jessjess you have me tearing up over here. Miss you already. Crazy how someone can become one of your best friends in a few short months. And I feel that way about you! Love you!!

Becky said...

Such a fun trip! Those clouds are gorgeous!

Mimi said...

We were in Ludington two weeks ago too! We went on Saturday, and we even ate at House of Flavors. Sad we missed you! We'll have to see the lighthouses next time.

Becca said...

I love that you are having so many adventures! I totally am going to convince Sheldon that he needs to start jumping over me when we travel for pictures sake :)

You look so great, I hope things are going well. Miss seeing you!

miss said...

I wish we could go to Ludington with you! We have developed a serious crush on you guys. I also love big skies and great clouds--check out Maynard Dixon's art work and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.