Well this time around, things seemed to fall into place and since Google is a company he has wanted to work for since he graduated (hello, dream job!), we were both really excited for this opportunity.
So we chose to leave Michigan and we moved to California! It was very unexpected and definitely not in our plan, but we felt it was the right move for our family. Within in a day we packed up our stuff, shipped it to UT and jumped in the car to drive back to UT. We were able to spend a few weeks in UT with our families, which was so nice. Then we moved all of our stuff to California so P could start work.
I have to admit, this move has been more difficult (in certain ways) than I expected it to be. I think since everything happened so fast and it was not planned, I didn't really have time to think about what would actually happen once we arrived and settled here in California (the south bay area to be exact)! P has adapted well, he loves his new job (and all the amazing perks!) so we are both really happy about that.
I on the other hand, had a hard time for the first two weeks. I was thrown into the job search and after a week or two of searching for jobs I was feeling pretty down about life, particularly about my new life here in California. Searching for a job is not fun, so I finally decided to use a temp agency to help me (per my husband's advice). I was lucky enough to find a wonderful job and get hired in about a week! I am working at a law firm as a receptionist. I've been working for two months and so far I love it. The people are great here and I feel really blessed to have found this job so quickly.
We are finally beginning to settle in and meet new friends. The weather here is amazing, we are in love with that aspect of California livin. The rent prices here, however, are so expensive! And traffic is a beast (for me, P bikes to work). But overall we feel so blessed to be where we are. Both of us are so grateful to have jobs and an apartment to call home. It will be exciting to see how long we stay in this area.
Everything we own in that truck!
My parents drove with us to California so we could drive our car. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Our view in the car, my Dad drove the moving truck for us, he used to be a truck driver so we let him take the reins on this one!
This was also my view in the car, and I just realized it looks like P is taking a nap in this photo ;)
Pit stop
Once we got into town we were eager to look at the Google campus.
Here are a few pics from the campus.
I love the bikes they have all around campus. Anyone can borrow them and ride them around- so nice because their campus is pretty big.
There are so many squirrels here!
This guy, or maybe it was his friend, was scratching on our door the other day!
It was so nice to have Dad here to help set up everything, and unload the truck! Thanks Dad!
Saying goodbye to my Dad at the airport, my Mom was able to stay for a few more days.
My mom is so cute!
Dropping husband off on the first day of work! Looking so handsome!
A few pics of our apartment, mostly just the living room.
My Mom helped me hang this picture collage on the wall. It took us about 4 hours, ha! There is no way I could have done it without her, all that measuring, yikes! And if P and I had tried to do it together, it definitely would have ended in a fight, let's just say we have different ideas of how to get things done.
A few Halloween decorations
One of P's favorite things about work?
He doesn't have to dress up, he can basically wear whatever he wants.
This is huge for a guy who lives in t-shirts and flip flops.
After seeing how expensive it is to do laundry out here, 17 quarters for one load!!
We decided we will be taking advantage of Google's free laundry.
This means we spend a lot of time either on a Friday night or Saturday morning waiting for our loads to finish. I played my first game of chess here.
They also have this wonderful massage chair, it's heaven!
Most of the time we play ping-pong and exercise while we are waiting. It has been fun to spend these few hours together with each other.
Look Mamma Phyllis, you have your own avenue out here!
We turn down your street every week to go to church.
More posts to come soon!

















8 comments:
Oh my goodness!! You guys are SO lucky! Google is about everyone's dream job! That sounds crazy deciding to move so fast. I'm glad things are going better for you! :)
Jessica! How exciting! Google looks amazing, I'm jealous of all the perks! Good for you for being up for a new adventure and just packing up and moving on a moment's notice Such a fun adventure for you guys :)
I can now see why you jumped on the opportunity to work for google...geesh! You two are living the life! : ) Glad you are having a good time.
So much fun! So happy for you!
So happy you updated your blog! I love reading your adventures!
Yayyy! I'm so excited for a new blog post :) Happy to see you both so happy!!
Google sounds like a dream! Congratulations!
Job searching is the worst! Glad you could find a good one though. Google looks like such a great company to work for. Also, I am in love with your living room rug! Adorable!
Post a Comment