I'm starting to realize how nice it was to be so close to family, when we were at school. That was such a blessing. I find myself missing those days, in Provo, just a little bit. Definitely not missing my husband being at school all day, but I am missing the days where we didn't have to wonder whether or not we would be home for a holiday, we just knew we would since it was only 1 hour away.
Anyway, back to Thanksgiving. We were lucky to have my brother Matt come up to be with us. He moved to L.A. about the same time we moved to California. I wish we lived closer to each other, darn! We decided to make Thanksgiving dinner by ourselves (we did get a nice invite from our friends) and I'd say it was a success. We kept it pretty low key and only made one pie, a turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, and my personal favorite, stuffing. P took charge of the turkey, and later vowed that we won't be eating turkey ever again because not matter what you do to it (in this case, rub it down with butter, garlic and herbs), it's just not flavorful. I agree and I guess turkey just isn't our favorite.
Later that night, after a nap, of course, we went to see a movie. The next morning, Matt had to leave for work so P and I hit up some stores to see what was left over from Black Friday. Not much. P talked himself out of buying a new TV. What is it with men and always wanting a new TV? I guess they don't want much so it's okay to always want one thing.
We have so much to be thankful for, our family, friends, health, and most importantly the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And thanks Matt for driving up so we could be together, love ya!
prepping and carving the turkey



1 comment:
Haha I laughed so hard at your men always wanting a TV comment because we had the exact same problem this Thanksgiving weekend! Such a man thing. It's fun to hear about your California adventures! Hope you guys are enjoying your new jobs, apartment, ward, etc!
Post a Comment