Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Family

I wanted to have one last get together with our extended family before we left.  Mostly because when all the fam is around it's a big party and I love it!  So I made everyone come, by telling them it was our goodbye party so they better not miss it!  I think everyone came except for part of Brian and Julie's family, they decided to head to Lake Powell instead....how rude!  And we of course missed everyone who doesn't live in Utah and therefore wasn't able to make it.

We grilled and ate some of our favorite foods- tri-tip, acini salad, watermelon, ice cream cake, jen's delicious truffle, jaz's horchata... it was quite a feast.  We were hoping to be able to swim and eat outside but it was too cold.  The weather was abnormally cold and windy that day :(  it was a bummer but we still enjoyed ourselves.  Thank you Mom (and Dad) for doing most of the work to make this party happen.  And thanks to everyone who brought something and who came, it meant a lot to us!

 Not our baby, but a cute one! Doesn't he look like a little man in this photo. 

I had to get a pic of Jonah and P, they wore matching outfits!

The girls were not about to share those balls with Liam.  

This is either Gracia or Italia...hmmm can't tell them apart in these pics. 



 Playing with the kids. 

We celebrated b-days and all got a turn wearing the b-day hat. 

 It's a tradition (from my Nana and Papa) to wear the b-day hat while everyone sings to you. 





I wanted to take a photo with every family who was there.  I mean we'll be back to UT soon but I thought it'd be fun to look back and see how much each family has grown.  
Spencer, Jenny & their two boys Grayson and Jonah. 
Jon & Yvonne and their kids...eeks I can't remember all the names of all of Yvonne's kids...they recently got married.  Colin, Zek, Emma......yeah
Jodi, Eric & Dominic
My mom and I used to babysit her when she was just a little girl.  I can't believe what a beautiful young woman she's grown up to be! I love her.

Aaron, Kristyn & Liam
Jazmin, Fernando & the girls
Josh & Cris
Aunt Lisa
My cute Nana and Papa, the reason we're all here and together!!
Being close to family has been such a blessing in my life. I'm so grateful for each one of my immediate and extended family members.  And super grateful that we all are so close and love spending time together.  I'm hitting the two month mark here in Michigan and it's usually right about now that I start to really miss family, but it also makes me really appreciate them!

No comments: