2013 has been an eventful one, I guess that's the way I would put it. Well if we're being real honest, I'm sort of a pessimist (wish I wasn't) so I wanted to start this post out by saying it's been a rough start to the new year, but then I thought of my amazing husband (who is SO optimistic, it's obvious opposites attract, we are living proof) and how he would describe our start to this year. I know he would not say it has been rough and in all reality, it hasn't.
But, P did get hurt snowboarding and separated his shoulder (AC shoulder separation, level III tear of his ligaments to be exact) and it has kind of stressed me out. We only have one car (P was riding his bike to work but obviously can't do that anymore) and my work is not close to home or to P's work so it has been pretty hectic trying to work out how I'm going to get him to work, get to my 7 am physical therapy appointments, get him to his dr appointments, me to mine (I'm finally going to the dr about chronic low back pain that I've had for 3+ years, which is also why I'm attending PT) pick him up from work, etc without missing work!!
Basically I get really stressed when it comes to missing work, I don't like to miss work, especially when I'm the new one. I also don't want to make P go to work at 6:30 am just so I can make it to my appt!
Looking on the bright side :) we have been able to make it work, thus far. And all things work out in the end, right? I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
Other crazy and stressful things that happened in January:
- Dad, Zach and my cousins and uncle were robbed at gunpoint in the Dominican Republic. My dad goes there every year to do dental work and usually takes cousins, neighbors, friends etc. I have been before, and I'm so glad I was not there this time! However, this is the first time they have been robbed, very scary. You can watch the news clip here, http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=3917627&navCatId=20021 my dad is the second one to talk. So grateful they are safe!!
- I found a mole, right below my eye, that had changed colors. So I made an appt to get it checked out. Thankfully it was not cancerous. I had it removed with nitrogen, sort of painful because it was right underneath my lower eyelashes where my skin is paper thin! Bad news, I think it's coming back so I will need to go see the dr again! Post edit: I didn't have to have anything removed again, dermatologist thinks it's just a blackhead or clogged oil gland that will eventually go away on its own, phew!
- I'm having an x-ray of my lower back, finally! To see if there is something wrong. I've had pain in my butt, not my lower back, since before P and I were married! I originally thought it was my sciatic nerve (since the pain is in that area) and so I never went to see a dr about it. I saw chiropractors about it but I thought a dr couldn't do anything so I never went. Well it's been going on for too long and now that we are finally in a place for more than 3 months I went to the physiologist to see what's up. They claim it's coming from my lower back and have recommend PT and an x-ray. I'm hoping that I'll get some answers soon and more importantly, some relief from the pain! In case you were wondering, the pain hurts the most when I'm sitting which is awesome since I sit ALL day at my desk. Post edit: The x-ray of my lower back came back normal which is good, but dr still thinks the pain is stemming from my lower back and causing inflammation to the area where I experience the pain (my right butt cheek). He's having me take aleve (for 1-2 weeks) to see if we can get the inflammation down. The meds, coupled with the physical therapy and no jumping, no twisting, little bending, no lifting, etc should make it all go away. I'm hopeful!
- P leaves for one night to go snowboarding with the Young Men in our ward and separates his shoulder. Post edit: Of all the injuries he could have had to his shoulder, this is the best possible. No surgery is needed (studies have found that those who get surgery aren't any better off than those who let the body heal on its own) and we are so grateful for that. He is healing up fine, even started to work out again, without hurting it of course. Within another 3 week the dr thinks he should have full strength back. He will just have to live with a bump on his shoulder for the rest of his life. It's not too noticeable :)
P, Sean, and Tim. Thanks to these guys for taking my man to the ER
Had to get a few pics of P in his gear. He only wore it for about a week.
- An apartment in our building has a fire which ended up being so small, although they had 3 firetrucks there! We are so grateful the whole building didn't start on fire.
Anyways, I'm sorry this post is such a downer, but this is real life people :) And I wanted to write it down somewhere. I definitely realize that my problems and stressors are so tiny in comparison to others. I am very thankful for my blessings.
Post Edit: Looking back, those were some stressful weeks, but I'm thankful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me and as I look back on this post, I realize how all these things really have worked themselves out and I wish I didn't stress so much!! Also thanks to P, my mom, and good friends, who always listen to me and let me vent.


4 comments:
Those ARE some stressful weeks!!!!
I'm sorry things have been so hard! It sure doesn't sound fun. I hope this year gets better for you and that your back pain goes away. That would be so hard!
I absolutely hate writing about negative stuff in my journal (and especially on my blog). I guess maybe I think if I don't write it down that years down the road I can trick myself into thinking it never happened haha. In the end, I love seeing how I've grown from trials and to see the blessings from them! I'm glad all is well for you guys in the end.
Oh my crazy stressful! I was actually thinking about you and the pain you've been having. I'm glad that you're looking into it further, hopefully you won't have pain much longer :)
Post a Comment