We picked up my mom, brother Josh and sister-in-law Cris on Sunday and we basically went straight to Newport Beach to look around. It was cold and windy but we had a great time walking around and dreaming of the day when we will own beach front property! A girl can dream!
the girls
Tuesday we went to lunch with Uncle Bob, Janelle, and Cathy. Then we ventured to Laguna Beach to look around. It is so pretty there, I love the ocean with the rocks and cliffs. I decided that I want to live there.
Wednesday we went to LA to see Chinatown and Olvera Street. My mom remembers going to Olvera Street with her dad, when she was younger, so she wanted to check it out. Chinatown was fun, but basically shops selling all of the same stuff.
We did find a great home store that had wonderful dishes. I found these bowls there that I've been wanting! And they were a steal of a deal, love that! They also had Pocky Sticks, which we all love, so we bought some of those. Olvera Street was fun. Lots of the same shops selling the same stuff. Sometimes I wonder how these places stay in business, I mean who buys this stuff? We did have some world famous taquitos and a huge churro. Sidenote: why are churros so yummy? I think I could eat one everyday, I wish I was eating one right now instead of these dry corn flakes.
Thursday we headed to the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! It was a lot of fun. Thankfully P was able to take the day off so that he could come.
he might have won (by a lot!), but look at my accuracy, a full 12 points better than his!
A Bug's Life
An F for caliFornia
Getting excited for Space Mtn.
All worn out at the end of the day!
Favorite rides: Soarin' over California (a family favorite), Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain. P convinced Cris to come on the ride that shoots you straight up into the air (it's like the Rocket Ride at Lagoon). Her face was priceless when we took off, and her hands went straight up in the air to grab onto the plastic thingy in front of our faces, it was so funny. This was after he convinced me to go on it, I've gotten to be such a baby about roller coasters and scary rides, I don't know why. Seems like the older I get the more courage I lose or maybe it's that I'm just not a thrill seeker anymore, I guess you could say I'm boring :)
The Indiana Jones ride broke down..again (it did this last time I was here) this time we were waiting in line. It was annoying, but we stuck it out and we were able to ride it. I'm glad we stuck it out because once we got on the rideP was in the " "driver's seat" and he was acting like he was really driving the jeep the whole time. It was hilarious, and my mom was laughing her head off the whole time. So between those two, it was one entertaining ride!
Here he is driving
That night my dad flew into town and on Friday morning we sailed out to Catalina Island.
We had a blast there. Relaxed, napped in the sun, walked around, took a tour of the island, drove around on the golf cart, ate dinner overlooking the waterfront, ate yummy ice cream, had wonderful company. It was lots of fun!
I love me some ice cream!
we walked out onto the rocks with my dad
my dad walking back on the rocks
riding on the back of the golf cart
my mom started calling P Nep, short for Neptune
self timer pic of the fam
another picture of all of us, right before we left
P thinks it's amusing to take photos of me like the ones above. He thinks they're awesome. The red one is just creepy and sick. I kind of like the green one cause I look like a frog or Elpheba from Wicked..
I'm so happy that my family could come into town, it was so fun to have them here. And I feel so blessed that P loves my family and vise versa, it truly is a blessing. We sure missed you Momma Phyllis!!







7 comments:
You make me want to go to California! You always are dressed so cute! But if I remember correctly you always were way back when too.
Wow! What a week! It's so much fun when family comes to visit! Glad ya'll FINALLY got to go to Disneyland!!! Sorry, about Indiana Jones...I don't know what it is with that ride!! lol. Catalina looked so beautiful. Miss you guys!
how fun! You guys are always doing such cool fun things. and you look way skinny, r u losing weight?
Looks like fun! I love California! Enjoy the rest of your time out there!
This post makes me want to go to California soooo bad! I love Laguna and Disneyland. Probably two of my favorite places :) Tim doesn't do well on the rides but soarin over California is great one that we both love. Tim and I are so excited to see you guys this weekend! Have a blast while you are out there and drive safe!
Mama Phyllis wish she was there too.
I'm so sad I missed this trip! I just started looking at your blog and I love it...and you!
Post a Comment