And this one
And one with the both of us
Next we traveled to The Grove and The Farmer's Market where we ate a yummy banana and nutella crepe and went inside of the American Girl Doll Store. I used to love American Girl and this store is like heaven for any young girl who loves them. My favorite part of the huge 2 story store was the salon, where there are actually store workers who style your American Girl doll's hair. Wouldn't that be funny if that was your day job, to style American Girl Doll's hair? Sounds pretty easy but then again, 8 year old girls could be hard to please.
After that we went to a famous restaurant called Philippe's.
We had seen Philippe's featured on some T.V. show and we also heard from some others to definitely try this place out. They are famous for their double dipped french sandwiches. They dip the bun in the au jus first and then put the meat on, but the bun isn't soggy. I ordered the beef french dip and P ordered the lamb with blue cheese. Sadly, we weren't that impressed. We both thought the sandwiches were okay, but nothing to write home about (those are P's words). At least we can say we've been there right?
They did have this super hot mustard you could put on your sandwich, kind of like wasabi, P made me try it, here's how much I liked it
Here the sauce is "burning my brain"-P
If you go, I don't recommend the hot mustard.
After eating at Philippe's we decided to go to another famous eatery. It's called Pink's Hot Dogs. It's basically a glorified hot dog stand, meaning it's in a really small building and you order outside. It's been around since 1939! There was a huge line, all the way around the building.
Here's all the people standing in front of us. We waited for at least an hour, maybe even 1 1/2 hours! I can't believe I waited that long for a hot dog, I don't even really like hot dogs! Except for J Dawgs, that place is good!
The sun went down while we were waiting, so pretty! Here's a better picture of what the building looks like.
They're famous for their chili dog, but they have lots of other hot dogs, all with names like the Martha Stewart hot dog, the Planet Hollywood dog, the Lord of the Rings dog, the Rosie O'Donnell dog, etc. Most of their dogs are 12' or 10' so we're talking about a long hot dog here. They also have burgers and multiple (2-3) hot dogs wrapped in flour tortillas? We decided to just share, since we had recently eaten at Philippe's. We ordered the Ozzy Spicy Dog which consisted of a spicy polish dog, covered in nacho cheese, American cheese, grilled onions and guacamole. Here is what it looked like
We also ordered battered french fries, they were amazing! Possibly the best fries I've ever had.
It was huge and hard to eat, if you can't tell by the picture. Good thing we shared! It was a pretty good hot dog though. I think we'd go back, if the line wasn't so long. Then we went home, that's all!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day! I love that you were able to try those new places to eat. Derek and I love watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives but usually the really yummy places are really far away! Those battered fries sound interesting but good!
Post a Comment