Monday, February 22, 2010

One year since I said yes!

February 13th marked one year since P asked me to marry him.  The day was Friday Feb. 13th 2009, (yes it was friday the 13th, but I'm not superstitious, and I don't think we've experienced bad luck in our marriage thus far, knock on wood!) and I was grumpy as can be because one- I had just taken a test, in the dreaded BYU testing center and 2- I was taking a test on a Friday night, lame.  After checking my score on the screen, I was only more grumpy.  My car was parked in the Marriott Center parking lot, which just happens to be the farthest parking lot from the testing center, knowing that I had such a lllloooooooooonng walk to my car only added to my grumpiness.  So I called P and asked him to come pick me up and drive me to my car.  He was visiting a friend nearby, waiting for me to come out of my test, so it wasn't like I made him leave his apartment to come get me.  I'm not that lazy :)

Anyway, P said he would be right there and I'm sure he sensed that I was grumpy pants (the words he uses to describe me when I'm the opposite of happy).  He picked me up and I vented to him about how I didn't do as well as I wanted to on the test.  When we got to the Marriott parking lot he parked his car next to mine and we kept talking.  Since I was grumpy I brought up everything else in my life that seemed to be bothering me, including the fact that he had yet to propose to me, and for all I knew, had yet to even buy the ring!  He smiled and teased me about it, like he'd done every other night since he had asked my dad if he could marry me. He then proceeded to pull out a fake ring and ask me (jokingly) if I would wear this until he proposed.  I said no.

Then he said something like this: "I was going to wait till Valentine's to do this, but I can't wait any longer" And he pulled out my ring, said a lot of nice and thoughtful things and proposed to me.  Right there in the Marriott parking lot.  Never thought I'd get proposed to there, but now I'll forever hold a spot in my heart for that particular parking lot.  (Actually, I just realized that it was technically the Bean Museum parking lot.  The upper parking lot near the Marriott Center.)  It was perfect though, and I was SO excited.  Don't worry, I made him get out of the car and get down on one knee and officially ask me to marry him.  Luckily there happened to be a guy and girl walking to their car and we asked them to take a picture of us,  I had to have documentation of where this major event happened, even if it was just in a parking lot.  So here is that documentation
The next day (Valentine's Day) we were already practicing  poses for our engagement photos. ha
I'm so lucky that this wonderful man asked me to marry him and I'm glad I said yes! He makes me so happy!! oh, and I'm also glad that our engagement is over and we're married!  Being married is so much better than being engaged!

*I mostly wanted to document this on our blog for my own purposes of remembering when and how our engagement happened, since I never wrote it in a personal journal, I'm terrible!  I hope to someday get it down on paper, in my own handwriting, but just in case that never happens I have this blog post!

*Oh and one last thing, speaking of engagements, P and I set up a gorgeous girl named Audrey (my friend from school) and a handsome man named Tim (P's friend from the mission) back in November? I think it was.  It was my idea to put this lovely pair together, and guess what?!  They are engaged!!!!  They got engaged on Monday, which is basically one year plus a few days from the day that we got engaged.  Oh I'm so happy and excited for them, they are darling together and I can't believe that I am now responsible for two people's eternal happiness..haha I guess I can't take it that far but I'm pretty proud of myself for lining them up.  Guess you can call me matchmaker from now on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute/funny story! Us girls and being so impatient!

Lil' Wall Fam said...

I didnt relize you had a blog how fun!!!i am glad i get to see what you guys are up to!

Sean and Anne Willardson said...

Hahaha, awesome! I never knew your engagment story. Love it!